Re: [netcdf-java] ncWMS and ellipsoid-support in CF-1.2

Hello Jon

Le 24/03/10 19:43, John Caron a écrit :
Thanks for reminding me of geotools. I have it on my (long) list of
possibilities. I have looked at it in the past, but it was difficult to
see what dependencies were actually needed (thanks for the summary). The
other advantages you mention are also alluring.

Actually this is no longer GeoTools, but a fork of GeoTools created 10 months ago. The raison for the fork are out of scope of this mailing list, but the result is that the referencing module in Geotoolkit is cleaner, more stable and performant than it was in GeoTools and the list of dependencies has been reduced. The module is also provided with all its dependencies as a single JAR file for those who don't want to handle many JAR files, and a new release is made every months.

We would have to write an adapter from our Projection interface to
whatever API geotools uses. Also translate CF parameter conventions for
each projection. Its possible we could keep it as an optional jar, for
those concerned about size.

This is already partially done. The following package contains adapters for NetCDF API (note: this package didn't existed in GeoTools). It should allows NetCDF users to use some of the Geotoolkit referencing engine with NetCDF CoordinateSystem objects, while I have not yet tested extensively that interoperability:

http://www.geotoolkit.org/apidocs/org/geotoolkit/referencing/adapters/package-summary.html

There is also code in other packages that translate some attributes from CF conventions to ISO 19115-2 metadata.

        Regards,

                Martin