Re: [netcdf-java] ncWMS and ellipsoid-support in CF-1.2

Hello Andrea

Le 24/03/10 22:08, andrea antonello a écrit :
I for example am using geotools and netcdf (geotools preocesses them
also) a lot for modeling in JGrass. I do not care that much about
people prefering one or the other project (that's life in forks and is
ok to me), but I really would not like be penalized to be using
geotools over geotoolkit. If this should happen I can't imagine how
many problems might rise for me (me==geotools user that need netcdf)
since the coexistence of the two fork-libs is not well feasible.

The only conflict that I'm aware of is the two projects using different version of GeoAPI interfaces. If the two projects can get aligned on the same GeoAPI version, I think that the conflict would vanish.

Also, if the NetCDF libraries tries to uses the GeoAPI interfaces as much as possible and isolate direct dependencies to Geotoolkit (or whatever libraries) in as few classes as possible, it would hopefully make easier to switch between different libraries.

        Regards

                Martin