Re: [netcdf-java] [netcdfgroup] NetCDF jars=>Maven Central Repos?

Hello John

Le 28/04/10 01:00, John Caron a écrit :
1) Is there a canonical repository, i.e. "Maven Central" ? Martin
already has it at geotoolkit.org, is that good enough?

There is a canonical repository at http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/. This central repository is known by default to any Maven installation, so user don't need to specify anything else than the groupID/artifactID/version of the JAR file they want. Every other repositories (OSGEO, Geotoolkit.org or whatever) need explicit declaration by Maven users in order to be used.

It is easy to declare non-standard Maven repositories. However in my understanding, Chris's issue is that he would like to use NetCDF in a project aimed to be deployed to the central repository, and Apache wants such project to depend only on project also available on that central repository, in order to avoid forcing users to download from external repositories.

2) We dont plan (yet anyway) to switch to using maven to build
netcdf-java. We are willing to upload jar files, and maintain pom files
(with your help), and anything thats reasonable that doesnt take much
time. What is the best way to do that?

One proposed approach could be:

1) I deploy NetCDF to geotoolkit.org for every 4.x release.

2) Someone with write permission could copy those JAR and
   pom.xml files to the Maven central repository, or use
   the "mvn deploy:deploy-file" command as he/she prefer.

3) Someone with write permission could do the same for
   the OSGEO repository, if they wish (it is okay to have
   clone of the same JAR files on different repositories;
   this is sometime useful when a server is down).

        Regards,

                Martin