Re: [netcdf-java] Writing trajectories and multi trajectories with nectdf-java

  • To: Kjell Røang <kjell@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdf-java] Writing trajectories and multi trajectories with nectdf-java
  • From: Ken Knapp <Ken.Knapp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 08:10:23 -0400
Hi Kjell-
I share your questions as I, too, am interested in writing
multi-trajectory files. In my case, the trajectories are tropical
cyclone tracks.

I look forward to hearing how it should be done.
-Ken

Kjell Røang said the following on 5/6/2010 3:28 AM:
> Hi all
> I am considering using netcdf-java to write large amount of ship track
> data but I am not sure how to do it "correctly" with netcdf-java so
> that other programs that support multi trajectories can use the data i
> am writing.  Does anyone have a recipe or code samples how this should
> be done?
> I have also discovered that trajectories is missing in toolsUI4.1 but
> is present in 4.0. Any reason why this is removed?
>
> Best Regards
> Kjell Røang

Ken Knapp
Remote Sensing and Applications Division
National Climatic Data Center
151 Patton Ave
Asheville, NC 28801
828-271-4339 (voice) 828-271-4328 (fax)