[netcdf-java] NetCDF to DAP and back again...

Hi All,

I'm attempting to do some slightly "unconventional" things with the Java NetCDF
library and I was hoping someone might be able to answer a question or two.

In a nutshell:
The goal is to break a netcdf file into three streams (DAS, DDS, and DODS) and
then reconstitute them as a NetCDF file.  Using the GuardedDatasetImpl, DAS,
DDS, and CEEvaluator classes, I've been able to accomplish the "splitting" part
of the workflow - resulting in 3 files: the .das, the .dds, and the ".dods".

Now I'm a bit stuck.  I'm having a hard time finding a class or classes to help
me reconstruct a valid NetcdfFile (or NetcdfDataset) object from the 3 "bits".
I can remake the DAS and DDS objects, but I'm not finding a way to regenerate
the NetcdfFile itself (along with it's data).  This surprises me a little as it
seems like this (the reconstruction) would be easier than the
"deconstruction"...

Is it possible to do this?  Any help/advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Best,
Chris

--
Christopher Mueller | Scientific Developer
Applied Science Associates

ASA | Science. Services. Solutions

Imagination is everything.  It is the preview of life's coming attractions. -
Albert Einstein

Whether you think you can or think you can't, either way you are right. - Henry
Ford

Consider the environment before printing this email.