[netcdf-java] Bug in GridDatatype.getRank()?

Hi,

I was trying to read data from a motherlode dataset:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu:9080/thredds/dodsC/fmrc/NCEP/GFS/CONUS_191km/
NCEP-GFS-CONUS_191km_best.ncd.html

Having grabbed a GridDatatype representing the temperature on z levels
(Temperature_height_above_ground), I noticed that the rank of the data
type (GridDatatype.getRank()) was being reported as 4.  But the variable
is from an FMRC aggregation and is actually 5-dimensional (the
coordinates are "time_run time isobaric y x").

GridDatatype.getShape().length returns 5 as expected.  The shape is
[202, 202, 1, 43, 65].

Is this a bug in getRank() or have I misunderstood what getRank() means?

Thanks in advance,
Jon

--
Dr Jon Blower
Technical Director, Reading e-Science Centre