Re: [netcdf-java] Setting proxy host and port in matlab when using MexCDF

  • To: John Caron <caron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdf-java] Setting proxy host and port in matlab when using MexCDF
  • From: Favio Medrano <hmedrano@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 12:10:18 -0700
Sorry for taking this long to answer, I where working on some other
things, but I still have the problem, I cant connect to any outside
opendap url of working net using matlab and SNCTools.

I get always this error when trying a nc_dump()
Sep 30, 2010 11:59:54 AM ucar.nc2.dods.DODSNetcdfFile <init>
INFO: DODSNetcdfFile
http://dods.mbari.org/opendap/data/oasis/netcdf/dailyAveragedM0.nc
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.createSocket(DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.java:80)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.createSocket(DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.java:122)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.open(HttpConnection.java:707)
        at org.apache.commons.httpclient.MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager
$HttpConnectionAdapter.open(MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.java:1361)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMethodDirector.java:387)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMethodDirector.java:171)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:397)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:323)
        at opendap.dap.DConnect2.openConnection(DConnect2.java:212)
        at opendap.dap.DConnect2.getDDS(DConnect2.java:440)
        at opendap.dap.DConnect2.getDDS(DConnect2.java:420)
        at ucar.nc2.dods.DODSNetcdfFile.<init>(DODSNetcdfFile.java:202)
        at ucar.nc2.dods.DODSNetcdfFile.<init>(DODSNetcdfFile.java:170)
??? Error using ==> nc_info_java at 37
Could not open
'http://dods.mbari.org/opendap/data/oasis/netcdf/dailyAveragedM0.nc' as
either a local
file, a regular URL, or as a DODS URL.

Error in ==> nc_info at 57
                fileinfo = nc_info_java(ncfile);

Error in ==> nc_dump at 59
metadata = nc_info ( file_name );

( I tried with
http://dods.mbari.org/opendap/data/oasis/netcdf/dailyAveragedM0.nc just
for sample )

What I been trying to do is add credentials to the setproxy.m code, but
still not working

function setproxy(proxyname, port)

 httpClient = org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient();
 hostConf = httpClient.getHostConfiguration();
 hostConf.setProxy(proxyname, port);
 cred = org.apache.commons.httpclient.UsernamePasswordCredentials
('myusername','myproxypass') ;
 scope = org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthScope (proxyname,
port) ;

 httpClient.getState().setProxyCredentials(scope, cred ) ;
 ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset.setHttpClient(httpClient);

Still with no success, any other workaround for this, maybe i'm doing
something wrong in this piece of code..
I will surely appreciate!

Regards

Favio M.