Re: [netcdf-java] GeoTIFF reader as an IOSP?

John,

Yes.  The IOSP handles the union of the GeoTIFF/EPSG and CF supported
projection sets.  There will be an issue with ProjCRS mapping to GeogCRS where
the projection to elliptical earth is not implemented (the ellipse parameters
are ignored by NetCDF-Java.)  It was a PITA to handle the projections and the
NUMEROUS ways GeoTIFF allows them to be defined.   I first look up the GeogCRS
by EPSG code, if missing look for parameters (ellipse, prime...) by EPSG code,
if missing look for individual parameter values....  Then the same for ProjCRS
if required.   Pixel-as-Point and Pixel-as-Area is implemented...

Sounds like I need to put together release notes...

I won't say it was a trivial effort, but it was worth the investment as it
allowed us to use WCS output against the NetCDF-Java CDM.

Tom