Re: [netcdf-java] NetCDF jars=>Maven Central Repos?

Le 10/12/10 06:10, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) a écrit :
I should have some time tomorrow and Saturday to work on this. I will get
cracking!

Thanks, that will be appreciated!

In other Apache projects like this, I've seen something like:

<projectname>-core

as the main parent artifact. So, how about instead of unidata, something like:

netcdf-core

Would that work?

I just had a very quick look at some projects having a module with "-core" in their name, and it seems that "core" is used for actual Java code (i.e. those modules have big JAR file, and other modules are "extensions" to that core).

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/osgi/org.osgi.core/4.1.0/
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/lucene/lucene-core/3.0.3/
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/woodstox/woodstox-core-lgpl/4.0.9/

For parent Maven module, the "<projectname>-parent" pattern seems to be used by some projects. So it could be "netcdf-parent". But in my understanding the "unidataCommon" module has a wider scope than NetCDF. So the parent module could be "unidata-parent". Or maybe just "unidata" if all child modules are going to have a different project name anyway ("netcdf", "ncWMS", "threeds", etc.).

But actually I'm really neutral on this - this is not my project :). I will pickup whatever name people tell me to use.

        Martin