[netcdf-java] Decoding NDFD Severe Weather product Problem

Hello,

I have successfully used netcdf-java to open NDFD products as a GridDataset. The problem I'm having is that the Severe Weather products use the local use section of the GRIB2 message to embed a weather string table that is used to create the "colorbar" or legend for that product.

From the NDFD website.
"Cell values in the data part of the GRIB2 message are numbers which refer to the entry in the weather string table."

How do I read the local use section out of the GridDataset formated GRIB2 data so I can use it to build a proper legend from the data?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Jeff Brogden    CIMMS/OU
Jeff.Brogden@xxxxxxxx