Re: [netcdf-java] isOpen method for NetcdfDataset

On 5/2/2011 3:57 PM, Brian Schlining wrote:
Hi All,

I'm doing a little work on nctoolbox (http://code.google.com/p/nctoolbox/). I'm
running into an issue where an instance of ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset may
have had it's 'close' method called, but I can't find a method to interrogate
it's open/close status. Is there something like an 'isOpen' method somewhere
that I'm just missing? If not can you add one?

Thanks

there are some complications that make isOpen() not completely straightforward.

we've assumed that when the application closes a dataset, it releases the object also.

is there some generic issue, or just some complex code you are dealing with?