Re: [netcdf-java] NetCDF-Java, CF Grid Projections and Ellipsoid parameters

  • To: Tom Kunicki <tkunicki@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdf-java] NetCDF-Java, CF Grid Projections and Ellipsoid parameters
  • From: Don Murray <Don.Murray@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 14:53:55 -0600
Hi Tom-

On 6/12/11 12:39 PM, Tom Kunicki wrote:
We have a NetCDF-Java GeoTIFF IOSP that we use internally at CIDA to
access GeoTIFF WCS responses using the NetCDF-Java CDM.  I've
hesitated to release it externally due to the number dependencies it
requires and the rather, err, hack-ish, EPSG DB I'd implemented yo
back it.  To provide reasonable support for GeoTIFFs that one may see
in-the-wild the tool does need a access to a full EPSG DB to resolve
all the potential CRS *and* their components.  GeoTIFFs have a rich
mechanism for describing CRS which require implementations to have
access to a lot that CRS data.  I'd planned to provide hooks for EPSG
lookups using GeoTools or Geotk but never found the time.

Now that NetCDF-Java is mavenized the dependency tracking/resolution
for developers that want to use this should be a little easier.
Maybe I can clean the GeoTIFF IOSP up and put it out there...

That would be great if you could.

Don