[netcdf-java] NetCDF-Java NetCDF4 file write capabilities?

Hi there,

we're looking at using the NetCDF-Java library as part of a system for managing
spatial raster data :- and wondering if there's any update on possible timeline
for implementing NetCDF4 write capabilities?

I searched the archive and saw a few messages that one way to do this would be
a JNI wrapper to the NetCDF C library. We will also have a look at Nujan as
suggested by the FAQ.

In our case I don't think we'd need to be able to write files with the full
flexibility of the CDM, primarily would just like to write raster-oriented
large NetCDF files with spatial referencing encoded, e.g. with CF-1
conventions. So we'd be happy with the NetCDF classic data model, but want to
take advantage of the HDF5 backend features like on the fly compression and
chunking.

thanks, Patrick.
--
Patrick Sunter
Victorian Partnership for Advanced Computing

Ph: +61 (0)3 9020 0191
Mob: +61 (0)425 756 141
email: patrick@xxxxxxxx