Re: [netcdf-java] THREDDSMetadata in NetCDF files

Hi Martin,

In the latest release of ncISO, we combine metadata that is available either in the file or available through THREDDS.

The XSLT 2.0 stylesheet from Ted Habermann uses a precedence model that looks to use the id from THREDDS because it is guaranteed to be unique. See this link for more information:

https://geo-ide.noaa.gov/wiki/index.php?title=NetCDF_Attribute_Convention_for_Dataset_Discovery#Determining_an_Order_of_Precedence

In prior versions of ncISO (where we had not yet incorporated THREDDS metadata) we relied on naming authority + id to create fileIdentifier. Feel free to join the ncisometadata google group if you have more specific ncISO questions.

Hope that helps,
Dave