From: netcdf-java-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[netcdf-java-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ethan Davis
[edavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2011 12:02 AM
To: netcdf-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [netcdf-java] Documentation or Direction on defining dimensions of
variables in DODSNetcdfFile

Hi Jake,

Instead of using DODSNetcdfFile directly, try using the
NetcdfFile.open(...) method.

There are some examples of reading data in the NetCDF-Java tutorial:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/tutorial/

In particular, see the NetcdfFile section:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/tutorial/NetcdfFile.html

which describes a few ways that subsets of data can be read.

Hope that helps,

Ethan

http://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov/thredds/dodsC/ruc13/201110/20111018/ruc2_130_20111018_1300_000.grb2.asc?Temperature[0][2][100][300]