[netcdf-java] How do I set a network proxy for NetCDF java?

Hi All,

I used to be able to set a proxy for the network connections used by
NetCDF-Java with the following:

httpClient = org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient();
httpClient.getHostConfiguration().setProxy(proxyname, port);
ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset.setHttpClient(httpClient);

However, the setHttpClient method no longer exists. The docs I found about
this, at
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/reference/HTTPauthentication.html,
 basically say the same thing, i.e. use the setHttpClient method. What's the
current recommendation for setting a network proxy?

Thanks

--
Brian Schlining