Re: [netcdf-java] NetCDF metadata to ISO 19115: code donation to UCAR?

Martin,

How will this affect those of us with projects with dependencies on GeoTools?
It appears that GeoTools through 2.7 implements a version of GeoAPI 2.x and
that with GeoTools 8 the developers are utilizing there own copy of the
GeoTools API [1].

If NetCDF-Java were to include GeoAPI 3.0 as  a dependency would those of us
with GeoTools dependencies be subject to API clashes (assuming some package and
interface names are shared) with the differing versions required?  This could
be a huge headache.

Tom Kunicki
Center for Integrated Data Analytics
U.S. Geological Survey