Re: [netcdf-java] Inconsistent lat/lon bounds returned from unstructured grid dataset

Hi Dave, Rich,

Sorry for the delay.

The netCDF-Java library doesn't support unstructured grids yet. So,
you'll get some strange behavior from the coordinate axes since some of
the code for 1-D coordinates assumes they are monotonic. (We will have
to rethink some of that.)

We haven't yet looked in-depth at the UGRID library. For now, your best
bet is probably to try opening the dataset as a feature type and using
the functionality of the feature type to determine extent. If that
fails, as in this case, using read() as you did in your
getExtentUsingReadTest() may be the next best thing.

Ethan