[netcdf-java] indexing problems with sliced array

Hello!

I'm doing a double slice on a three-dimensional variable to get a 1-D slice and
then trying to read out the values. Unfortunately, indexing seems to give me
values from the full original array rather than the slice I'm working with.

Array twoD = array.slice(0, 1);
Array oneD = twoD.slice(0,1);
System.out.println(oneD.getDouble(0));
System.out.println(oneD);
System.out.println(array.getDouble(0));

This is what I see:

178.0
-9999 -9999 -9999 81 66 93 103 -9999 -9999 -9999 -9999 -9999
178.0

I would expect the first print statement to print -9999 since that is the first
element of the slice I'm working on. So this kind of looks like a bug to me.
How do I get the first element of my slice rather than of the entire parent
array?

Thanks.
Christine

Dr. Christine Smit