[netcdf-java] reconciling CDM and CF-1.6 feature type names

Hello folks-

Has there been any progress on having CDM_data_type terms (needed for Unidata Dataset Discovery vocabulary) match the CF v1.6 discrete sample types?

The most recent info I found in the archives is this from John from 12/2010:
http://netcdf-java.1577316.n2.nabble.com/CDM-names-tt5861025.html#none.

If this is still the way things are, a ncml record for a timeSeriesProfile dataset would need both the <attribute name="featureType" value="timeSeriesProfile" /> for CF, and <attribute name="cdm_data_type" value="stationProfile" /> for UDDC? Are the values allowed to match now?

Thanks for the help, and sorry if I missed any more up to date material.
Ellyn

--
Ellyn T. Montgomery, Oceanographer and Data Manager
U.S. Geological Survey