  Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
  Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 15:44:19 GMT
  Last-Modified: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 15:44:19 GMT
  xdods-server: dods/3.7
  erddap-server: 1.38
  Transfer-Encoding: chunked

3) Since ERDDAP is running on Tomcat, the only way I know of to set the
'Content-Length' is to explicitly call 'response.setBufferSize()' in the
servlet that returns the NetCDF file. Note that once the response size goes
beyond the bufferSize, Tomcat will fallback to 'Transfer-Encoding: Chunked'
(which we don't want). So make sure you're setting the buffer size to the
correct value.

Hope that helps!

p.s. I cc'd this to the netcdf-java mailing list in case I got something wrong.
Hopefully someone will correct me.

Cheers

-- B
Brian Schlining
MBARI
Software Engineer, Research and Development
brian@xxxxxxxxx (mailto:brian@xxxxxxxxx)
(831) 775-1855

http://www.mbari.org/staff/brian