Re: [netcdf-java] problem with times in PSD dataset

  • Subject: Re: [netcdf-java] problem with times in PSD dataset
  • From: Roland Schweitzer - NOAA Affiliate <roland.schweitzer@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 13:11:51 -0600
Hi,

Using 1-1-1 wasn't the best choice, but there are tens of thousands of
files using that as the time origin without an explicit calendar attribute.
 Rewriting them doesn't seem practical.  It seems to me that if the files
conform to the convention (namely that a lack of calendar attribute implies
the default of Gregorian) it's wrong for the software tool to interpret the
time axis as Proleptic Gregorian.

Roland