[netcdf-java] DTD warnings from THREDDS during app startup

Hi folks,

I'm getting the following THREDDS -related warnings when I run the
Panoply application (v3.1.5) against netcdf-java 4.3.13.

 *** FAILED to map entity
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/thredds/queryCapability/v0.4
locally at /src/main/archive/schemas/thredds/queryCapability.0.4.xsd or
remotely at
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/schemas/thredds/queryCapability.0.4.xsd
 *** FAILED to map entity
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/xml/CatalogGenConfig.0.5.dt
d locally at /src/main/archive/schemas/thredds/CatalogGenConfig.0.5.dtd
or remotely at
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/xml/CatalogGenConfig.0.5.dt

These warnings don't stop the application from starting up (eventually)
but they do cause it to hang for a few minutes. Presumably some piece of
code is trying to find and parse DTD documents in the advertised
locations.

This problem doesn't afflict Panoply 3.0.5, which I see uses
netcdf-4.2.jar.

Can anyone shed any light on what's going on here? I'm stumped.

FYI, I'm using Java 1.6.0-33 on RedHat Enterprise Linux v6.

TIA,
Phil

PS: apologies if I've posted to the wrong forum.