Re: [netcdf-java] Legal use of netcdf-java

Hi Rodrigo:

On 4/4/2013 11:24 AM, Rodrigo Botafogo wrote:
Hi all,

Sorry if this is not the proper place to ask the question, but I don´t
know of any other.  I´m planning to publish a JRuby Gem that implements
a Multi-Dimensional Array (MDArray) similar to Numpy and Narray.  The
gem is specifically targeted to JRuby as it uses NetCDF-Java library
(Array) as the supporting array.  The gem will be open sourced and I
would like to distribute NetCDF with the gem, to make it easier on the
user.  Is that OK?

yes, sounds great!

I´ve added a NetCDF legal notice I found somewhere in the web that
states that NetCDF is free for any use as long as the legal notice is
also distributed.

yep.

Are there any other things that need to be done?

nope.

And to not waist the opportunity, is there any interest from this
community in such a gem?Anybody willing to look at the code or give
advice? Any requests? Questions?

thanks, i hope its useful to JRuby users.

send me a link and ill include it on the netcdf-java page...

John