I have retrieved this information from the units attribute of the time
dimension. For example:

int time(time=18);
      :units = "Hour since 2012-01-11T20:00:00Z";
      :standard_name = "time";

Cheers,
Brian

Brian K. Smith
Senior Software Engineer
WindLogics, Inc.
http://www.windlogics.com

From: netcdf-java-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:netcdf-java-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Daniele Romagnoli
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 4:17 AM
To: Java NetCDF
Subject: [netcdf-java] GRIB1 data and _CoordinateModelRunDate attribute missing
on 4.3

Hello,
I have some issues with GRIB coordinates accuracy so I have tried switching
from a NetCDFJava 4.2 to 4.3.
Right now, coordinates values seem properly read:
As an instance, I was getting a wrong 51.95xxxxx latitude with version 4.2
instead of the correct 52.0 value got with 4.3.
However, I can't get the _CoordinateModelRunDate global attribute anymore.
Is this information available somewhere else?
Best Regards,
Daniele

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of any kind is strictly
via reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.