[netcdf-java] Serving NetCDF files

Hi,

I am investigating the use of the java netcdf API for serving our data.  We
have scalar time-series data from stationary instruments, data from mobile
platforms, and complex data stored in a db and files on an archive server.  I’m
trying to determine if it is possible and relatively simple to write a service
using the Java API to respond to OpenDAP requests.  I can write the NetCDF
files easily enough; but not sure if I can simply respond with them, or whether
I would have to write the data to a temporary location and have some external
service serve them from there.

Could you please point me in the right direction for this investigation?  Other
possibilities we are investigating are the use of Hyrax and the use of ERDDAP
to serve netCDF files and tabular data.

Thanks in advance for your insights!
[http://www.oceannetworks.ca/img/onc-email-seastar.jpg]

Susan Perkins EIT   |   Software Developer - Digital Infrastructure
Ocean Networks Canada<http://oceannetworks.ca>   |   T 250 472 5053   |
sperkins@xxxxxxx<mailto:sperkins@xxxxxxx>
University of Victoria, PO Box 1700 STN CSC, 2300 McKenzie Avenue, Victoria BC,
V8W 2Y2

On Aug 20, 2014, at 1:59 PM, James Adams - NOAA Affiliate