Re: [netcdf-java] What is necessary to write a georeferenced data set?

Something I discovered which fixed the error-prone data set I was working
with -- I added an units attribute to the time variable and things started
to work as expected.  My data set contains values for lon/lat points for
twelve months but no months in particular, so the values are actually
January values, February values, etc. and not exactly fitting with the
usual manner of specifying time values with units containing the "<units>
...since mm-dd-yyyy" specification for udunits (looks like I need to learn
how to use climatological variables for this data, apparently this is a use
case for which that approach is applicable).  Once I added a units
attribute to the time variable it became visible as a georeferenced data
set containing GeoGrids, problem solved.

Hopefully this will be helpful information to have in the mailing list
archive.  How can we best update the documentation to include this
information -- is there a Wiki page or how to document for creating
georeferenced NetCDF data sets that this can go into (and/or that I should
have been following)?

--James