Re: [netcdf-java] Mime types for netCDF 3/4

  • To: Aaron Braeckel <braeckel@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdf-java] Mime types for netCDF 3/4
  • From: Ryan May <rmay@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 12:25:55 -0700
Aaron,

I guess it really comes down to what clients you have and how old. Any
clients relying upon sufficiently recent versions of the C or Java netCDF
libraries will be able to handle both. While everyone may be more
familiar/comfortable with netcdf 3, I'm not sure what clients are in active
use in your user-base that rely on an independent implementation of NetCDF
support. In my experience, such code (independent netcdf implemetnation) is
rare.

Ryan

--
Ryan May