Re: [netcdf-java] Subsetting with getRangesFromLatLonRect

  • To: Don Murray <Don.Murray@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdf-java] Subsetting with getRangesFromLatLonRect
  • From: John Caron <caron@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 16:14:19 -0600
HI Don:

GeoGrid will become deprecated but will stay in the core 5.0. It will
eventually be removed, but likely not for a long time. All of the CDM/TDS
will switch to using Coverage in 5.0. Once it stabilizes Im sure we will
produce some docs for the migration.

Preliminary (and evolving) notes on 5.0 changes are here (although not much
yet on Coverage) :

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/thredds/v5.0/tds/UpgradingTo5.html

regards,
John