Re: [netcdf-java] octahedral model grid support

It looks like an extension of gaussian grids. We interpolate gaussian grids
to rectangular grids, because the CDM API for Grid assumes a rectangular
grid.

Assuming the interpolation is straightforward and not too time-consuming,
it shouldnt be a problem to support. Typically we would steal the ECMWF
code and port to Java. If you can find C code to interpolate octahedral
grids to rectangular, that would be helpful.

John