Re: [netcdf-java] Contribute to the netcdf-java library

  • To: Péricé Robin <perice.robin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdf-java] Contribute to the netcdf-java library
  • From: Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 09:17:41 +1200
Robin,

I use Eclipse Mars.1 (4.5.1) (Java EE) with the Buildship plugin installed from the update site:
http://download.eclipse.org/buildship/updates/e45/releases/1.0

In Eclipse, thredds is affected by this Gradle bug:
https://issues.gradle.org/browse/GRADLE-2327
Workaround in Eclipse is to find Windows / Preferences / Java / Compiler / Building / Circular dependencies and change it to Warning.

Once Buildship is installed and the compiler settings are adjusted, import the thredds Gradle projects with File / Import / Gradle / Gradle Project and select the top-level thredds directory. Eclipse should create an Eclipse project for each Gradle module.

Once Buildship has finished configuring and building the new projects, you can run the tests for a module in Eclipse by right-clicking on src/test/java and selecting Run As or Debug As then JUnit Test. You can also run tests in packages or individual test classes.

Kind regards,
Ben.