Re: [netcdf-java] Unable to get a GeoGrid from a GridDataset

  • To: Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdf-java] Unable to get a GeoGrid from a GridDataset
  • From: James Adams - NOAA Affiliate <james.adams@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 11:45:43 -0400
​I appreciate the help I've had from this list on this, my apologies for my
delayed response.​

The below solved my issue -- thanks for your help, Ben.

​In summary it looks like you can get a GeoGrid for a variable if 1) the
variable has lat and lon dimensions, and 2) the corresponding lon and lat
coordinate variables have units "degrees_north" and "degrees_east"
respectively​. Others have suggested that I also should include the
attribute "coordinates" = "time lon lat", but this doesn't look to be
required for a GeoGrid.

Is the above correct, and/or is there a document that more fully explains
this?

​--James​