[netcdf-java] depth without m

Hi,

Having another issue with one of our datasets. This time the cause of the problem is the lack of a unit for "depth" in this data. netcdf-java's DefaultConvention doesn't set the axis type to "Height" (because it expects "m" for unit type in order to do that).

I cannot actually change the content of the binary datasets.

Would another convention solve this issue, and can I select the convention programmatically? (then we can make it a config setting from geotools). At first glance it doesn't look like the code for CF1Convention would be able to detect it.

Or how can we go around this using additional configuration?

Regards,
Niels