Re: [netcdf-java] problem opening track file

Greetings Jeff!

The minimum you will need to do is use NcML to identify the different
coordinate axes using the _CoordinateAxisType attribute, like so:

<netcdf xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/netcdf/ncml-2.2";
location="T28_CAPE1991_557.nc">
  <variable name="LATITUDE_DECIMAL_DEG_20Hz">
    <attribute name="_CoordinateAxisType" value="Lat" />
  </variable>
  <variable name="LONGITUDE_DECIMAL_DEG_20Hz">
    <attribute name="_CoordinateAxisType" value="Lon" />
  </variable>
  <variable name="GPS_ALTITUDE">
    <attribute name="_CoordinateAxisType" value="Height" />
  </variable>
  <variable name="Time">
    <attribute name="_CoordinateAxisType" value="Time" />
  </variable>
</netcdf>

Using this NcML, I was able to get toolsUI to recognize the file as a
trajectory dataset. There is a Nimbus coordinate system builder, but it is
looking for different variable names to annotate with the axis type
attributes (otherwise, this would work out of the box).

Cheers!

Sean