[netcdf-porting] porting netcdf-3.6.2 to a .so file to be included in ROOT from CERN

NOTE: The netcdf-porting mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

I have been trying to do this now for two months. My first try, I did get a=
G__netcdf.cxx and .h file produced from rootcint and it was compilable to =
then put in the .so file with netcdf.cpp and ncvalues.cpp.

Since I cant get it to work again.

What files do I need to include (preferably in one directory from the sourc=
e code) to generate a dictionary for ROOT?

My ultimate goal is to then compile the ANDI mass spec .c and .h files to a=
lso use in ROOT. Those files can be compiled with g++ as they are, but are =
built on netcdf-2.3.2. I continue to get an 'ncopts' not defined or an erro=
r that MSC_xxx isnt defined (my reading of the code is that that is only us=
ed for producing a .dll for Windows).

Is netcdf-2.highest number produced source available some where? Netcdf-2.3=
.2 can not even configure for Linux.

Thank you

  • Search the netcdf-porting archives: