Re: [netcdf-porting] Failing test to open non-netcdf file

NOTE: The netcdf-porting mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Russ Rew <russ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Joaquim,
>
>> > Does the file that is being opened exist?
>>
>> Good guess.
>> No the file does not exist but note that we are talking of test
>> program -- "nc_test" --  that ships with the with netcdf package.
>> The line in question has
>>
>> err =3D nc_open("nc_test.o", NC_NOWRITE, &ncid);/* should fail */
>>
>> If I create a dummy "nc_test.o" file than the tests pass.
>
> Yes, this is a non-portable test that should be eliminated or changed.
> To trigger the error, the test needed the name of a non-netCDF file, and
> used "nc_test.o" because it existed in the same directory on the Unix
> systems on which the test was developed.  I suspect there is no file
> that we can assume will exist on all platforms to use in this test, so
> the test should either create such a file or we should eliminate the
> test.  It's not a particularly important test, so to get past it you
> could just comment it out.
>
> I'll fix it soon:
>
>   https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/jira/browse/NCF-122
>
> Thanks for reporting this.
>
> --Russ

Ha ha! I beat you to it! Mine is NCF-121! ;-)

Ed

--
Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Search the netcdf-porting archives: