interfaces

Hi,

I have just started using netcdf and was wondering if there were any user
friendly interactive packages for producing plots of data in netcdf files.  I
am thinking of something where the user could simply put in the name of the
netcdf file and then be asked some questions about what variables should be
plotted, in what domain, etc.  It sounds fairly straight-forward to interface
with something like the ncar graphics, but rather tedious to write.

One way of doing it, at least for fairly small data sets, would be to produce
some matlab files from the netcdf files and then use matlab to analyse the
data.  I am also interested in finding out if anyone has already written the
software to do this.      Thanks,  Jim Mansbridge.