[no subject]

To whom it may concern,

I am trying to put an AVHRR data set in to netCDF format.

While doing this, I enountered a problem with ncgen.

In my input data file, I have declared a variable called -

        video_data(scan, samples, channels) where

        scan = UNLIMITED,
        samples = 2048, and
        channels = 5.

When I execute ncgen,

       It defines all the dimentions, variables and attributes.
       Then when it starts storing video_data, it core dumps with
       segmentation fault.

I did several different runs with changing the middle dimention to
different values, and the results are shown below -

     When middle dimention, i.e., samples is <= 54, then it works fine.
     If it is more than 54, it core dumps with segmentation fault.

Along with this letter, I am mailing the data file called avhrr.cdl and
the session log containing the error message.

Regarding the netCDF software I am using, I copied the file
pub/netcdf.tar.Z about four weeks back, using anonymous FTP.
I think the version number is 1.11.

I will appreciate, if you will let me know what the problem is.

Thank You.

Lakshmi.

Ph. (301)  513 - 1716.
Email add - lkumar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx