netcdf information

I have two questions:

  (1) I am running the LAHEY 32bit compiler on an MSDOS machine.  It is my
      understanding that to use the NETCDF routines, I need to compile them
      with the METAWARE High C compiler.  Has anyone out there done this
      and successfully linked to them from LAHEY fortran?

  (2)  Has anyone thought about a standard for 3-D numerical model output
       from a finite element model?  There seems to be one or more for
       finite difference output.

                                          Rick Luettich
                                          Univ. North Carolina, Chapel Hill
                                          Institute of Marine Sciences