netCDF

Dear Sirs;

I mistakenly sent the following message to netcdfgroup-adm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
I hereby send it to the correct netcdf mailing
list address netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

I just completed the installation of netCDF on a HP9000/720 machine
(see another mail message that I just sent).
I have a few questions that I would like to have answered:

1) I see that a network server for netCDF is planned (section 1.6 on p. 11
   in the netcDF User's Guide). Has the date of the release of such a server
   been fixed? Has a design draft been distributed? Will it support TCP/IP?
2) I tested the _FillValue attribute and did not see any effect
   (the value of unwritten variables was unchanged).
   Has the _FillValue feature, as the documented in the User's Guide,
   not yet been implemented in version 2.02 of netCDF?
3) I am planning to use netCDF for the storage of one-dimensional time-series
   (water level, river discharge, temperature and other hydrological
   and meteorological variables). Are you aware of somebody else
   that uses netCDF for that purpose? I am particularly interested
   in the representation of the time coordinate of evenly and unevenly
   sampled time-series.

best wishes,

--
  Tomas Johannesson                   Electronic mail: tj@xxxxx