[no subject]

Dear netcdf doctors: I know how tedious and boring requests
such as this one must be to you people but perhaps it will
only take a few seconds. I have modified the main Makefile
only slightly. The changes I made were setting the fortran
compiler (fortran jackets yes), the destination directory,
shareable libraries and using our own xdr library.

The machine which I'm making this on is a SparcII (sun4c).
I do a "make all" and it appears (as you can see below) to
have trouble with the test. I could probably bypass this
but it doesn't seem reassuring. I have read the netcdf handbook
and am impressed with the potential of this library and would
very much like to have it up and running error free.

I have tried to make the library twice from scratch with the same
problem and would not like to tamper too much with the code.

thanks,
Mark.

Making `all' in /home/local/netcdf/fortran
`jackets.o' is up to date.
`netcdf.inc' is up to date.
Making `all' in /home/local/netcdf/xdr
`xdr.o' is up to date.
`xdrfloat.o' is up to date.
`xdrstdio.o' is up to date.
`xdrarray.o' is up to date.
`xdrtest' is up to date.
Making `all' in /home/local/netcdf/src
`libnetcdf.sa.2.02' is up to date.
`libnetcdf.so.2.02' is up to date.
Making `all' in /home/local/netcdf/ncgen
Making `all' in /home/local/netcdf/ncdump
Making `all' in /home/local/netcdf/nctest
Making `test' in /home/local/netcdf/xdr
*** XDR passes formatted test ***
*** XDR passes binary test ***
Making `test' in /home/local/netcdf/fortran
`ftest' is up to date.
./ftest
ncendef: rename failed: Cross-device link
ncendef: rename failed: Cross-device link
*** Segmentation Violation = signal 11 code 3
 --- Testing nccre ...
 --- Testing ncddef ...
 --- Testing ncvdef ...
 --- Testing ncapt, ncaptc ...
 --- Testing ncclos ...
 --- Testing ncvpt1 ...
 --- Testing ncvgt1 ...
 --- Testing ncvpt ...
 --- Testing ncopn, ncinq, ncdinq, ncvinq, ncanam, ncainq ...
 --- Testing ncvgt, ncvgtc ...
 --- Testing ncagt, ncagtc ...
 --- Testing ncredf, ncdren, ncvren, ncaren, ncendf ...
error in ncdinq or        ncddef, dsize=  0
error in ncdinq or        ncddef, dname=lat
error in ncvinq or        ncvdef
error in ncanam     or ncapt
error in ncanam                or ncapt
 --- Testing ncacpy ...
error in ncagt G
error in     ncagt CHAR N
 --- Testing ncadel ...
*** Abort - core dumped
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `test'
Current working directory /home/local/netcdf/fortran
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `_sub'
Current working directory /home/local/netcdf
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `test'
Current working directory /home/local/netcdf
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'