Re: IDL and PV-WAVE

In a previous message, Mark Rivers states:

|> For those IDL users who don't want to wait for the next release or for
|> PV-WAVE users, I have made the entire netCDF library callable from within
|> IDL/PV-WAVE.  My version will only work directly on VAX/VMS but it will be
|> rather simple to port it to Unix. My interface exploits the ability of
|> IDL/PV-WAVE to call external routines written in C if those routines are
|> linked into sharable images (VMS) or shareable object libraries (Unix).
|> Thus I linked the netCDF library as a shareable image and just wrote a
|> set of IDL "wrapper" routines to call it.

   Someone else has already done it for Unix (Catherine E. Cormack,
cec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx), but an even better answer is to obtain the
pre-release version directly from RSI.  Send a note to support@xxxxxxxxx
and they'll tell you how to get it.  I've been using it for over a month -
they've appreciated our input and would probably appreciate others', as
well as a fix on the level of interest in netCDF.

Dr. Marty Ryba                |
Group 101                     |
MIT Lincoln Laboratory        |
ryba@xxxxxxxxxx               |