Time to create a digest format for this list?

Like Steve Jardin, I've been somewhat swamped with netCDF mail messages
lately, most of which I just skim then delete. Rather than getting off the
mailing list altogether, however, I think it might be time to consider some
sort of automated digestification of the messages sent to the list.

Advantages to digestification include improving readers' comprehension of
threads that run through several messages (by grouping mail together into
one mail message so a day's worth of messages can be read all at once),
slightly reduced network traffic (trimming most headers from incoming mail
messages), and better network bandwidth utilization (deferring netcdf
digests until the wee hours of the Colorado morning).

Software is out there to perform the task. I would be happy to scout around
for it if the folks at UCAR don't know where it is.

Skip (montanaro@xxxxxxxxxx)