netCDF newsgroup suggestion...

  I am in favor of setting up a newsgroup.  It would be great both for
archival purposes and for convenience in filtering unwanted messages.  I
personally have a limited quota, so the convenience of having a
newsgroup would allow me to only store those articles which I find
useful in my account, and would reduce the frequency required for me to
stay under quota by cleaning my account.  I think a hybrid system could
be formed whereby those who want to use netnews may, while others may
still subscribe to netcfdgroup.  I believe GIS-L(the mailing group) and
comp.infosystems.gis(netnews) carry the same articles(I am guessing,
since I do not subscribe to GIS-L but read comp.infosystems.gis), and
others have both methods as well.

Patrick Kinnicutt                                (617) 428-8367(h)
chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx                             (617) 253-3883(o)
Department of Civil Engineering
Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Mailing Address:     /* Any ideas are entirely my own unless otherwise */
Patrick Kinnicutt
MIT Branch P.O. Box 233
Cambridge, MA  02139