NETCDF on Alliant

After 3 days of frastration, I finally installed
NETCDF on out Alliant FX/40 (Concentrix C).

The following are the changes needed for Alliant
instalation:

(A) add the following line in the *.h file:
#define void char

(B) replace the NC_LIB line in the Makefile:
NC_LIB = -lnetcdf #Make sure you moved libnetcdf.a
                   to /usr/lib/libnetcdf.a

(C) Alliant Concentrix 5.03 does not support tmpnam()
    or tempnam(), so we have to use mktemp().

    Add line in the beginning:
    #undef USE_BFLAG

    In file.c, make the following change:
  Replace the line:
    #include <unistd.h>
  with:
    #define F_OK    0

  Add the follwoing line after definition block:
    extern char *mktemp();

  REplace the line:
   scratchfile = tempnam(getcwd((char*)NULL,FILENAME_MAX),"nc.");
  with:
   scratchfile = mktemp("abcXXXXXX");

After those changes, you should be able to install NETCDF on Alliant.
But, you need to use gnumake (make-3.60) and set the OS to sunos4.1.1.

   Thanks.

  slu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx