Installation

        I am trying to build the netcdf distribution on a Sun SPARCstation
running 4.1.2.  All of the file seem to neatly compile, but none on the
tests get very far.  I have the following definitions in my Makefile.
DESTDIR = /usr/local/ldm
LIBTYPE = nonsharable
WANT_FORTRAN_NETCDF     = no
OS      = sunos_4.1.1

        The nctest produces the following.
% nctest
--- Testing nccreate ...
--- Testing ncopen ...
*** test_ncopen: ncendef failed after ncattput
--- Testing ncredef ...
*** test_ncredef: ncendef failed
(all further tests also fail.)

        Going to the src directory and trying the simpler test produces.
% cdftest
nccreate: "test.cdf": File exists
trying again
dimrename: IXX
ncendef: rename failed: Cross-device link
Assertion failed: file cdftest.c, line 441

        Any help is appriciated.  I know this can be made to work.

Thanks,

ryan

|  Ryan McLean                  ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx       |
|  450 LeConte Hall                                             |
|  UC Berkeley                  (510) 643-9690                  |
|  Berkeley, CA  94720                                          |