Good news on DEC Alpha port

Hi,

Thanks to the efforts of Harry Edmon (University of Washington) and Glenn
Davis (Unidata), we now have a version of XDR for the DEC Alpha that works
for netCDF.  Everything in the new netCDF distribution works except
generating Fortran code with "ncgen -f", and we should have that working
soon.

NetCDF on the DEC Alpha will have to use our supplied XDR sample library
instead of the vendor-supplied XDR library, at least until fixes similar to
ours are integrated into the vendor library.

--Russ