Re: A standard for time and labelling problems

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 93 15:14:05 -0600
Subject: Re: A standard for time and labelling problems

have you seen the UDUNITS stuff from ucar? its available at unidata.ucar.edu
and it has a format similar to, but not the same as you have above..
the order is a little more regular in the string and is
" units since int year int month int day int hour int min double sec int ucthr
  int utcmin"
so " Seconds since 1992-5-15 16:12:19.0 -5:00"

for your example above...
and then a variable "time" is defined as a double offset.. im sure it
wouldnt be too much of a stretch to use another vardef .. NC_LONG or something
(if you think that 8 bytes is too many for a timestamp)
but the UDUNITS standard is double..

.. hope this isnt just noise...

bcl
blincoln@xxxxxxxxxx