Has anyone compiled netcdf for a Linux OS?

Hello,

  I am trying to compile netCDF on a Linux OS (in order to be able
to compile the GMT [General Mapping Tools] package). Is anybody
aware of this having been done yet?

  For those who are not aware of Linux, I'll put in a plug for it here.
Linux is a free unix-like operating system for the Intel 386/486
architecture. It was originally developed by Linus Torvalds at the
University of Finland and has grown into a full fledged OS through the
efforts of many people around the world. It runs mostly gnu software,
and many packages have been ported to it. If you haven't checked it out,
you are missing out on something (IMHO).

  Anyway, any help regarding porting netCDF to Linux would be really
appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay MacDonald
jay-m@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S. Please reply directly via email. I haven't subscribed to this list.