Extra option for ncdump

G'Day

To simplify analysis and plotting I always have 1 variable per netCDF
vector. This way each variable can be allocated a set of meta data
eg label, format etc.. which is not easily achieved (given there are
no standards) when you have more than 1 variable per vector. Unfortunately
when I use ncdump to look at the data I get:

        metadata
        variable 1
        variable 2
        variable N

Is it possible to have an interlace option (eg -i) so that ncdump produces
output in the form:

        metadata
        variable 1   variable 2  ....  variable N ....

This would greatly simplify debugging my programs and make life generally
easier. I would sure appreciate any help, comments, pointers as to how I can
get this feature.

        adios
| Mail          Dr Ata Etemadi, Blackett Laboratory,                          |
|               Space and Atmospheric Physics Group,                          |
|               Imperial College of Science, Technology, and Medicine,        |
| Janet            atae@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Earn/Bitnet  atae@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  |
| Internet/Arpanet atae%spva.ph.ic.ac.uk  Span         SPVA::atae             |